The Economic Impact of Coronavirus on Small Businesses
In 2019, owning a small business was a challenging, yet rewarding experience for most, that afforded owners the luxury of being their own boss and pursuing their passions. Then, the coming of the new year brought along a global pandemic, COVID-19 (coronavirus), which has sent shock waves throughout the world. And where small businesses were once thriving, in the wake of COVID-19, one in five small businesses are now closed, according to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Now, owners are looking for small business support in Tampa, FL or wherever their enterprise is located.
We are months into this pandemic, and over 80% of small businesses are still concerned of the lasting impact COVID-19 has created. Over 50% of owners feel that it will take well into the next year before shopping and business returns to some level of normalcy. But can you survive that without any small business support? Many companies have had to lay off employees, reduce hours, limit the number of shoppers, and deal with slower shipping, all of which impacts their success and sales. While it may seem like a struggle now, there is hope, and by being proactive, you and your business can get through this pandemic.
Ways to Promote and Support Your Small Business
1. Apply for the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) The U.S. Small Business Administration is offering economic relief to small businesses who are experiencing a temporary loss of revenue as a result of COVID-19. Those seeking government support should fill out an application to get started.
2. Develop Safety Protocols Both customers and employees want to feel safe when visiting a small business and in order to help keep them comfortable and healthy, it is recommended you put in social distancing and mask requirements. While it may seem like an inconvenience, it shows you are paying attention and reacting appropriately to the current economic and social climates.
3. Get Active on Social MediaEven if your small business is currently closed or operating at reduced hours, it is important to maintain an ongoing dialogue with customers and fans. Social media is an excellent platform for engaging with your existing customers and help gain new ones. Encourage engagement and interaction to promote support for when you reopen fully.
4. Build a Whole New Website or Re-brandWith added free time in our schedules these days, it might be time for a complete overhaul of your small businesses website and brand. By giving your small business a “face lift” you show prospective and existing customers that you have been busy during the time apart and that you are ready to take on more business.
5. Continue MarketingWith fewer customers and more restrictions to everyday life, marketing may be the last thing on your mind right now. But by keeping your presence out there in the public eye and by constantly updating your website, blog, or email campaigns, you continue to stay relevant in search engine results. While others may be slowing down their marketing, they are dropping in their SEO rankings, but if you continue with your strategy you may find the opposite for your business.
Get Website and Marketing Small Business Support from Ocon Creative
While we can’t help you apply for a loan or input safety protocols into your business, the team at Ocon Creative can support your small business in Tampa, FL and surrounding areas with results-driven marketing and website design. The way to make your comeback after the pandemic begins now, not later. If you need assistance in getting your business online, want to give it a fresh new look, or want to optimize your website for Google search results, the team at Ocon Creative has years of marketing and web experience to make your comeback a strong and successful one.
Ocon Creative Can Help With:
• Website design, development, and updating
• Search engine optimization (SEO)
• Online marketing
• Brand strategy
Don’t Just Wait Around for Recovery…
Give your small business the support it needs by being proactive now. Get started with Ocon Creative today and get ahead of the recession!